10:40 AM

Attack on Titan

Posted by Nimfah





 

Alternative Name: Shingeki no Kyojin 
Years of Released: April 6, 2013September 28, 2013
Episodes:
25
Genre: 
Dark fantasy, Distopian, Tragedy
Favorite Characters :
Mikasa, Levi
My Rating:
R
Grade:
A

Summary:
 
After the wall which protects Eren's hometown is breached by Titans, including the 60-meter skinless Colossus Titan and the abnormally intelligent Armored Titan, a young Eren suffers the death of his mother at the hands of a Titan. Once Eren and his friends are evacuated from the district to safety, he vows revenge against all Titans and later enlists in the military, accompanied by Mikasa and Armin. After a period of grueling training, the three elect to join the Survey Corps which would allow them to leave the safety of the walls and fight the Titans one-on-one.

My review:
Disturbing but extremely addicting.  
At first I was as skeptical as ever. Frankly, the show didn't look that appealing or sound very original to me. I thought I was going to be just the next cliche distopian anime, as there are a lot of similar anime out there. Demons, aliens, gigantic insects, you name it are attacking the human race and poor pathetic humans are fighting against them. Sounds familiar? Well, dah! So what makes this show so special then? Good question.
It might be the agonising suspence that is carried out throughout the whole series, or the cliff dropper episode endings, making you click the button to watch the next episode immedietly, or maybe it's unbearable desire to find out the truth, because the further you watch there more questions you get. As I was watching the characters to take one step forward but to meet only defeat I couldn't help but cheer for them. There is a lot of blood, violence, and death in the Titans. Waching another unfortunate fellow be eaten by a titan was making me wince. But I learned early on not to get too attached in this show.
I'm looking forward to the second season hoping it will meet my high expectations. It would be such a waste to ruin this great show.


Recommend:
Highly recomended


Where to watch:              RUS Here                                         ENG Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment