8:11 PM

One outs

Posted by Nimfah








Alternative Name: One Outs: Nobody wins, but I.
Years of Released:
October 7, 2008 – March 31, 2009
Episodes:
25
Genre: 
Sports, Psychological Thriller
Favorite Characters :
Tokuchi Toua
My Rating:
PG13
Grade:
A+

Summary:
Hiromichi Kojima, the star batter of the Lycaons, heads to Okinawa to train and bring himself out of a slump. There, he meets Toua Tokuchi, a 110~128 km/h (68~80 mph) pitcher and the undisputed king of a gambling form of baseball called "One Outs". At Kojima's urging, Tokuchi signs up with the Lycaons. His contract, the 'One Outs contract', differs from the usual, though, in that he gets 5,000,000 yen for every out he pitches, but loses 50,000,000 yen for every run he gives up.


My review:

I dicided to write while I'm still under impression after watching this great anime show. I must admit I was pretty skeptical at first, after reading about One Outs and how people could compared it to Death Note or Code Geass. Yes, I was thinking how could possibly some sport anime be compared to a living legend that Death Note is. Well, it turned out it can, if the protagonist is no other that Tokuchi Toua. Just imagine for a second if Light and L would play baseball together? Of course Toua is no Light and it is actually not a bad thing at all. Toua is a genius gambler with a great ability to understand the thought process of other people by reading their gestures, way of speaking, personalty. But the best thing is he knows how to use it, so he manipulates them, playing with their minds, and destroying his opponents from within. I was sitting on the edge of my chair the whole time waiting for more twist and turns of a plot. There is no such feeling as that trill you feel. I wish there were more show like this. Thank you, Mad House, for making Death Note and now One Outs for us!




Recommend: For everyone even if you know nothing of baseball

0 comments:

Post a Comment